We are looking for a strategic, creative and innovative social changemaker to help lead, guide, and grow our US clients and their core businesses towards a sustainable path forward.
Job Description for Senior Client Strategy Director – US Social Impact
The Senior Client Strategy Director sits at the intersection of Public’s clients and internal teams. They are responsible for the strategic direction and growth of clients as well as the leadership, mentorship and growth of the Client Strategy team in alignment with Public’s values. Working closely with external and internal teams to deliver strategic and creative projects that span across Impact Branding, Platforms, and Campaigns.
The key accountabilities for the Senior Client Strategy Director sits across four main functional areas:
1. Strategic Direction & Guidance: Leverages their experience in the profit with purpose space to guide the strategic development and oversight of a portfolio of clients, as well as building the strategic acumen of Client Strategy team members they oversee. They will guide, oversee and contribute to the strategy development including research, insights, impact brand strategy, impact platforms, impact campaigns and sustainability marketing.
2. Client Direction & Growth: Owns overall responsibility for and stewardship of a portfolio of Public’s clients, including the development and management of growth plans by identifying opportunities through a thorough understanding of the businesses, brands, customers and competitive environments of clients.
3. Project Oversight: Maintains a high level overview of client projects including scopes of work, budgets and allocations as well as the continued financial management (invoicing and projections). And ensures that client work and deliverables meet both Public’s internal and the client’s expectations of quality, impact, timeliness, and measurable results.
4. Public Leadership: Establishes a culture of excellence by demonstrating Public’s values and actively contributes to Public’s thought leadership and best-in-class practices as they pertain to the related Client Strategy industry(ies), and with other appropriate Public leadership members, ensure that Public processes and offerings are aligned accordingly.
- Have real work experience in / and a keen interest in the purpose / social impact space; .
- 8+ years of account management, brand management, or related marketing experience is essential, with complementary business or product-line management, entrepreneurial or consulting experience preferred;
- Ideally located in NY but open to other US locations;
- Strong strategic thinker with a genuine curiosity about people and social/environmental issues;
- Ability to problem-solve client business needs, build trusted relationships with senior leadership, and a passion for large-scale social impact are keys for success in this role;
- Deep knowledge of and experience with multi-channel marketing;
- Exceptional ability as a problem-solver;
- Empathetic leader with strong interpersonal skills;
- Leadership and management skills both managing up and down the team;
- Proven project and performance management skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both as an author and a presenter.
Does this role sound like something you’d be able to excel in? If so, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, along with your resume and a brief cover letter that speaks to why Public, this role, and reason you would be a great fit. Please note that this role will be fully remote with potential for return to a collaborative/shared workspace at a later date once deemed safe and if the needs align to Public’s business or client needs.
Public welcomes applications from persons of diverse backgrounds and is an equal opportunity employer. Public is committed to building and fostering a fair and inclusive workplace which values diversity and encourages respect for different ideas, beliefs and backgrounds. Public recognizes the value of identifying and removing barriers and promoting inclusion in the workplace.
Public is a leading social impact agency. We believe purpose – a meaningful and focused commitment to creating social and environmental impact – will be a powerful driver in accelerating, amplifying and differentiating successful 21st-century businesses. Integrating purpose into a company’s core business and marketing strategies creates a “sticky factor” that will play an increasingly pivotal role in attracting & retaining the next generation of consumers and employees. More broadly, we are working towards a “purpose economy” where businesses, nonprofits, governments and consumers behave in ways that are as good for the world, and for the people and communities around them, as they are for themselves. True “profit with purpose”.