We’re looking for a Client Strategy Coordinator – SOCIAL IMPACT.
Helping our clients make a substantial and sustainable impact in the world isn’t easy. In fact, it’s really, really hard to do. At Public, we do this and we do this well. So well, in fact, that we’re adding to our team so that we can help our clients make an even larger impact. As a uniquely positioned Social Impact agency, Public is a mix of consultancy and agency, and are currently on the hunt for equally unique talent to join our team as a Client Strategy Coordinator.
What are we looking for in a Client Strategy Coordinator, you ask? Great question. We like great questions (and great coffee, but we’ll get to that later…) A successful candidate for this role would be someone who is organized, adaptable, possesses strategic and critical thinking chops, and ideally has their finger on the pulse of the social impact landscape. We are looking for someone who is a creative problem solver, who works very well independently, but is also a great team player, motivator, and champion of great work. They’re curious, constantly wanting to know more, and asks why. They have experience managing client accounts, ideally in an agency setting, and doesn’t shy away from having to think on their toes. They like research and know how to synthesize a lot of information. They are detail-oriented and can manage many moving pieces while also meeting both internal and external deadlines. Someone who works well when given general parameters, but who also strives just as well when things are a bit fuzzy or unclear – kinda like this job description. Just like the world out there, Public is constantly evolving and adapting, and as such, we need our teams, our projects, and our approaches to our work to evolve and adapt as well.
The Client Strategy Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Client Strategy team in building relationships with their clients through delivering consistently amazing work and for day-to-day management of and contribution toward client deliverables across all phases of our work with them. This role will be exposed to and support the strategic components of projects by identifying strategic insights, conducting meaningful and insightful research, managing client relationships, and general project oversight.
- Support the development of research plans;
- Conduct research for client projects and support relevant data analysis and insight development;
- Support on deliverables across all phases of work (e.g., research, strategy, creative briefs, engagement briefs, concept development, creative development, communications & engagement, evaluation, etc.);
- Manage and coordinate client management fundamentals such as ongoing client communications, meeting agendas, contact reports, project plans, and reviewing and proofreading presentations;
- Ensure that supporting project systems are kept up-to-date;
- Ensure needed resources are identified, secured, and allocated to projects based on the budgeted project needs and timelines;
- Proactively monitor projects to anticipate potential risks and identify potential solutions to address them in advance;
- Support the development of project briefs, project setup, and needed administrative/systems support;
- Ensure proper change management documentation is executed as creative production scope changes or project priorities shift, and that new requirements are communicated to project teams.
- 1-3 years experience in similar or related roles within a creative / marketing agency;
- Highly motivated self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced remote team environment and is readily adaptable to changes;
- A keen interest in the social impact or sustainability space an asset;
- Excellent written communication skills;
- Ability to multi-task with high volume output (result oriented);
- Ability to manage time effectively;
- Empathetic team player with strong interpersonal skills;
- Driven to improve processes, but adaptive enough to know when they can get in the way;
- Understand simple agency financial management (revenue, expenses, resourcing, profit);
- University degree is an asset.
Does this role sound like something you’d be able to excel in? If so, please email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) along with your resume and a brief cover letter that speaks to why Public, this role, and you would be a great fit. Given the current nature of the COVID-19 situation, this role will be fully remote with tentative/likely return to full-time (but flexible) work from our main office in downtown Toronto once that’s possible & safe to do so.
Public is a leading social impact agency. We believe that purpose – a meaningful and focused commitment to creating social and community impact – will be a powerful driver in accelerating, amplifying and differentiating successful 21st-century businesses; that integrating purpose into their brand, business and marketing strategies creates a “sticky factor” that will play an increasingly pivotal role in attracting & retaining the next generation of consumers and employees. And more broadly that we can, and must, move increasingly toward a “purpose economy” where businesses, nonprofits, governments and consumers behave in ways that are as good for the world, and for those people and communities around them, as they are for themselves. True “profit with purpose”. Learn more at publicinc.com
Public welcomes applications from persons of diverse backgrounds and is an equal opportunity employer. Public is committed to building and fostering a fair and inclusive workplace which values diversity and encourages respect for dignity, beliefs and ideas consistent with the principles outlined in the Ontario Human Rights Code (the “Code”), and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Public recognizes the value of identifying and removing barriers and promoting inclusion in the workplace.