Hudson’s Bay Foundation
CHARTER FOR CHANGE
In May 2020, Hudson’s Bay Foundation engaged Public to help develop its new Social Impact Platform. The task was to develop a platform that would drive impact across the country by engaging internal and external audiences on an issue that was meaningful to the brand, its customers and its communities.
Public conducted research to identify a focus that aligned to the business, would significantly engage audiences, and demonstrated strong impact potential. That issue? Racial inequity.
In May 2021, Hudson’s Bay Foundation launched Hudson’s Bay Foundation’s Charter for Change – a commitment to help accelerate racial equity by changing how it invests in communities. The new focus begins with a ten-year, $30 million commitment to support diverse communities in the areas of education, employment and empowerment. Since the launch, we have helped:
- Launch the platform commitment with a multi-channel awareness campaign
- Create a Foundation landing page with information about the Foundation’s commitment, partners, and pillars of change
- Create branding for its annual fundraising event for vendors and partners which raised over $1M, entitled Evening for Change (2021 and 2022)
- Compose and design its first annual Impact Report (2021)
- Develop and launch the Change Collective: A company-wide employee program that engages teams in learning, giving and volunteering